Environment Protection Committee
The Environment Protection Committee was created in 1993.
This committee is in charge of studying and submitting recommendations to Council on the following questions:
- Waste management;
- Management of natural resources;
- Protection and improvement of local agriculture;
- Protection of natural environment;
- Quality of the environment;
- Different activities related to urbanization in cooperation with the Urban Planning Committee;
- Environmental risks;
- Good work and consumption practices;
- Different questions related to environment raised by members of the committee.
The committee is constituted of ten members designated amongst citizens and is presided by Municipal Council. A member of each of the Urban Planning and Environment Services are members of the committee and act as secretary.
The mandate of this committee is purely advisory and its recommendations do not bend the Municipal Council.