|Table of Contents|
|Firefighter for a Day|
Page 1 of 3
Serving the community for 100 years!
Founded in 1897 at the time of the Municipality of the Village of Knowlton, today the Fire Department is made up of a team of 35 persons under the direction of Mr. Pierre Laplante, Fire Director.
The fire station is situated at 27 Mont-Echo Road in Knowlton. This fire station was built in 1974. Prior to this, the department was housed for a number of years in the old fire station on Lakeside Road which is now owned by the Brome County Historical Society.
The Fire Department is called upon more and more to play an important role in the field of fire prevention, in addition to its traditional fire-fighting role. With the adoption in 2000 of the Fire Safety Act, the government imposed on MRC’s the requirement of adopting a Fire Safety Coverage Plan which each municipality must put into operation locally. Local fire services such at ours now face new obligations and must implement new ways of doing things. For more details about this plan, click here.