No demonstration or usage of fireworks can take place in the Town of Brome Lake unless the person in charge obtained beforehand a permission based on the following criteria;
- The site must be clear of debrisand far from any high structures.
- It is forbidden to light fireworks,if windy;
- The petitioner is formally boundto insure that an adult will supervise everyone under 18 years old,who will use pyrotechnic material;
- The petitioner mustread all instructionsappearing on the wrapping and also plan the lineupof the fireworks;
- Install a launch pad in the middle of the site : keep on hand buckets, boxes and wheel barrels filled with sand;
- Do not hold onto a lit firework,except for sparklers;
- Make sure that flint is litproperly;
- Keep water on hand : discard used fireworks is a bucket of water;
- Do not try to reignite an object that did not function (wait at least 30 minutes before approaching);
- Keep fireworks under lock and key in a childproof, dry,well ventilated area;
- Carry out any additional measures to increase safety ofthe area;
- Bury at least half of the fireworks that are not equipped with a launch pad,unless otherwise instructed on the wrapping. Install them at a 10 degree angle, oppositethe crowd.
Click here for more information on open-air fires and fireworks.